A Dashboard Should Answer Questions

I don't build dashboards just to make data look beautiful.

I build them to answer business questions.

Recently, I worked on a Marketing Campaign Performance dashboard in Power BI.

At first glance, you can see the usual metrics:

Impressions.

Clicks.

Leads.

Conversions.

Revenue.

ROI.

But the real value isn't in displaying these numbers.

It's in asking:

What are these numbers actually telling us?

For example:

Which marketing channel is generating the most revenue?

Which channel is producing the best ROI?

Are high-click campaigns actually converting?

Which campaigns are generating leads at a reasonable cost?

Where are we spending money without getting enough return?

The dashboard brings these questions into one place.

I can move from a high-level overview...

to channel performance...

to campaign performance...

and eventually investigate individual campaigns.

That's how I think about analytics.

A dashboard shouldn't just tell you what happened.

It should help you understand:

Why did it happen?

What should we do next?

That's the difference between reporting and data strategy.

I'm continuing to build projects that demonstrate how I approach marketing data  not just from a visualization perspective, but from a decision-making perspective.

If you were the marketing manager looking at this dashboard, what would be the first question you'd ask?

I'd love to hear your answer.

___________________________________________________________________________________
About Me
I'm  Gift Dominic, a Data Strategist who helps E-commerce, SaaS, and Retail businesses transform marketing, sales, and customer data into strategies that increase revenue, improve customer retention, and drive sustainable growth.

I believe data should do more than explain the past-it should shape smarter decisions for the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY STARTED TOO LATE TO GET INTO DATA: